Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Notes on the Lincoln-Reagan Dinner in Buncombe County

Here is a photo of me (I couldn't resist) posing beside a BCSD Patrol Car before the reception held before the Lincoln-Reagan Dinner yesterday.
My day yesterday was a full one, with me leaving about 6.45 am for the Carolina Stompers True Conservatives Breakfast, and then from there, I arrived at the Civitas Blueprint for Victory Campaign School just in time for lunch (Yippee! Food!), and took in the afternoon session. I have a video of Spence Campbell (NC-11 Primary Candidate) and Bill Graham (NC Gubernatorial Primary Candidate) from that event. I wished that I had been able to attend the morning session, because the afternoon session was very informative.

Then, I attended the reception with Senator Elizabeth Dole before the Lincoln-Reagan Dinner, and the dinner itself.
I was able to get a couple in minutes from John Armor (NC-11 Primary Candidate), and most of the proceedings. I missed most of the first speech because I was still eating, but I did capture the presentation of a special gift to the speaker afterward.
The event was over, at around 9.30pm last night, and I didn't get home until 10.30, so I called it a day. I took over 3GB of photos and video on my SD Cards, and am sorting through them now.

Since Senator Elizabeth Dole was the main attraction, I'll be putting her speech up first. She caught me unawares with the 'Dole Stroll' so some of the camera angles are bad, and I am contemplating ways to tackle that challenge. I still remember the 1996 GOP Convention, when she strolled into the audience to give her speech, and she seems to me as youthful and vibrant as she was then.

0 comments :