Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, February 8, 2008

President Bush, Senator McCain Show Up At CPAC;
FOR THE FIRST TIME!!

What do John McCain and George W. Bush have their shared CPAC history?

Until this year, neither had been in about eight years. While Vice President Cheney has been a regular, George W. Bush has been AWOL. This year, of course, is his last in the White House and he's willing to come out and embrace the base of activists that have been with him for eight years.

Thank you, all. Good morning. I thank you for coming. I apologize to my friend -- he likes to sleep in. (Laughter.)

I really do want to thank you all for adjusting the schedule. Right after the speech I'm going to get on an airplane and fly to Tennessee. I'll be taking the prayers of the American people to those who suffered from the devastating tornados. (Applause.)

Mr. Leader, thank you for that introduction -- and I appreciate your outstanding leadership in the United States Senate. (Applause.) You know, Mr. Leader, I used to think that leading a group of strong-willed senators was one of the toughest jobs in the country. I may have found one even tougher one: father of the bride. (Laughter and applause.) You know, I told Laura I was going to say that and she said, well, you might add another one: son-in-law to the President. (Laughter.)

I thank you for the invitation. I appreciate the fact that you've invited our candidates to your forum; and thank you for the hearing you gave them. (Applause.) These are good, honorable people. And I appreciate the fact you invited Vice President Cheney here. (Applause.) He is the best Vice President in history. (Applause.) Mother may have a different opinion. (Laughter.) But don't tell her I said this, but my opinion is the one that counts. (Laughter and applause.)

Since I spoke with you last, some things have changed. It seems like my hair is little grayer. (Laughter.) And my jokes are a little older. And some say my speeches are a little windier. Some things haven’t changed: the principles I believe in and my deep, abiding faith in the American people. (Applause.)


Source: Redstate

Now that the Media have cleared the decks for McCain, they'll start leveling their big guns on him. Instead of all positive stories about him, it'll start to get nasty.

At least he will have more time to raise money for the general election than the Democrat nominee. There's that, at least.

0 comments :