Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cheney Chooses Limbaugh over Colin Powell


I love Dick Cheney!!! This video shows that this man calls it like he sees it, and has no time for political correctness.

Former Vice President Cheney wasn't afraid to pick sides this morning on Face the Nation. When asked who he supported in the recent back-and-forth between Rush Limbaugh and Colin Powell, Cheney backed Limbaugh.

Here is more from the CBS News website:

On the heels of an interview with a North Dakota radio station this week in which he advised it would be a mistake for the Republican Party to seek broader appeal by moderating its stance on issues, former vice president Dick Cheney today said there is room in the GOP for moderates.

"I think partly it's a semantic problem," he told
CBS News chief Washington correspondent Bob Schieffer on Face The Nation. "I don't think the party ought to move dramatically to the left, for example, in order to try to redefine its base.

"We are what we are. We're Republicans. We have certain things we believe in. And maintaining our loyalty and commitment to those principles is vital to our success."

When asked by
Schieffer how the party could broaden its appeal, Cheney said there have been efforts made.

"Jeb Bush, I know, has been working on it," he said, "Eric Cantor, Mitt Romney, trying to find ways to appeal to a broader range of people. I don't have any problem with that. I think that's a good thing to do. But the suggestion our Democratic friends always make is somehow, you know, if you Republicans were just more like Democrats, you'd win elections. Well, I don't buy that. I think we win elections when we have good solid conservative principles to run upon and base our policies on those principles."

0 comments :