Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Morning West of the Balsams




This is in my hay field looking south. I took over 100 photos there this morning as the fog rolled down the valley before sunrise as I listened to the birds greet the dawn. The swallows were too fast to get a clear photo of [see below], but there are always other mornings.

I lived away from the mountains for a few years, and was homesick the entire time. Something about this place sings to my soul...




1 comments :

Looks like a lovely place to live. I too, was raised in the country not far from where I live now. I still have 10 acres of the old place and enjoy going there sometimes on the weekends. Nothing like a walk in the fields and the joy of getting close to nature. I was a big hunter, but my hunting days are now over. I remember my first squirrel, my first rabbit, my first turkey, and my first deer. Those memories are priceness. We didn't have what you call swallow, but we had a close cousin, the Marten. We put up boxes for them. I envy you life on the farm. Forgot to mention, I live in southwest Mississippi, no mountain but lots of hills.