Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Big Twitter Outage Today
Update: Twitter Under DDoS Attack
Twitter Is Up and Down





I step way from Twitter for an hour and a half, and when I come back to post a photo, BOOM! Twitter is down, and had been for over an hour. I'll bet some tweeters are going nuts out there.

I guess that this will force me to establish a backup way of updating my status and communicating when Twitter is down. Friend Feed, perhaps? Feel free to provide suggestions of your own for a microblogging platform during Twitter Fails besides my blog and Ning networks.


Anyway, the photo at the top of this post was what I had intended to post on Twitter. Guess it is even now more apropos than ever before.

Ha! Twitter is back even before I can get this post published. YAAAAY!!!!

**10.56am** I cheered too soon. Twitter is back down after it allowed me log in and get a glimpse of the update page. Oh well.

**11.03am** Twitter is reporting that they are under a Denial of Service (DOS) attack. Facebook is slow as well, with some pages not loading for me.

**12.35pm** Twitter has been back for about 20 minutes, but still unreliable. Sometimes I can post tweets, sometimes not. I guess the DDoS attack is still underway.

0 comments :