Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Congressman Shuler to hold Tele-Town Halls
Will Avoid Face-to-Face Time With Voters


As Congress continues to discuss this and other important legislation, it is imperative that I hear from my constituents. In an effort to reach as many people throughout the district as possible, I will be holding tele-town hall meetings on August 13, 2009 and September 1, 2009. Please contact my office at 202-225-6401 if you are interested in participating in either of these town halls. I will post additional information on my website as specific times and details are finalized.


Hat Tip: @gordonsmith



Commentary

I urge everyone to sign up for these townhalls, and record them and post them online if you are able, as I will be doing. In a way, this will ensure that a public record will be preserved of his interaction with the public.

My suspicion is that this is Congressman Shuler's way of avoiding contact face-to-face with voters who will be letting him know how they feel, especially after the rise of the Tea Party Movement.

As always, if you find out about a public appearance by our Congressman, please let me know via the comment section on this blog, or send me a DM via Twitter.

0 comments :