Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Music Monday on a Wednesday:
Mr Music presents Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra

European City at Dusk 
by Bobby Coggins

By the time I realize it's not Monday anymore, it's too late to post a Music Monday video...or is it?


Edward Tarte posts a peformance of Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra. I don't know the source of the recording (and cannot understand his vocal credits at the end of the video), so I cannot properly credit the conductor or performers. If you recognize what performance this is, please feel free to let me know in the comments.

I really wish he'd write down the credits. [see update below]



Read more about this piece of music on Wikipedia.

The IMSLP Petrucci Music Library has more information.


Until next time...

**update**

The piece was performed by the Saar Chamber Orchstra in 1960 and remastered by Rediscovery.

The conductor was Karl Ristenpart.

Thanks to Gary Jones for the information.





Bookmark and Share

0 comments :