The video of last night's meeting of the Macon County Commissioners will go live by noon today. It is currently being uploaded to Youtube.
I have the audio of tonight's meeting of the Macon County Commissioners below, but first I have a short video of the announcement by Tommy Jenkins, Director of the Macon County EDC, that Harmony House Foods will be moving to Macon County. The County Commissioners voted to agree to the terms negotiated by Mr. Jenkins for leasing space in the Business Development Center (known locally as the Incubator Facility) in the Industrial Park.
The Macon County Commissioners will be meeting this evening to continue the meeting recessed last Tuesday [see video of that meeting].
The meeting tonight will begin at agenda item #7 and, if I recall correctly, there will also be an opportunity for people to speak during a public comment period.
I plan on being there to cover the meeting and will provide nearly live coverage on Google Plus. I will try to have the audio and video of tonight's meeting processed and uploaded as quickly as possible after the meeting is over. I usually have the audio embedded here within two or three hours and the video within 24 hours (usually sooner).
The Agenda for the meeting is below.
3. Moment of Silence
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Public Comment Period
6. New Business
- Resolution Approving Financing Terms - Finance Director
- Appointment - Southwestern Community College (SCC) Board of Trustees
Upon reconvening on the 21st
7. Public Hearing(s) - 6:00 p.m. Proposed amendments to and restatement of Chapter 155 of the Macon County Code concerning Voluntary Farmland Preservation.
NOTE: Consideration of the proposed amendments will immediately follow the public hearing.
8. Public Comment Period
9. Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- New Hope Cemetery - Andrew Baldwin
- Business plan for the Macon County Heritage Center at the Historic Cowee School - Stacy Guffey
- Specifications for pool and pool house renovations
- Request for contract and franchise extension - Bonita Hamstra, J&B Disposal
- Approval of fire district map for Nantahala - Jimmy Teem
- Resolution and renewal of lease agreement with Forex Currency Trade Advisors, LLC - County Attorney
- Change order on the Little Tennessee River/Cartoogechaye Creek Trunk Sewer Project - McGill Associates
- Memorandum of Agreement with the NC Wildlife Resources Commission for Prentiss Bridge Access Area - County Planner
All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes of the July 10th and July 26th meetings
- Budget amendments
- Tax Releases
- Tax refunds
- 2011 Tax Settlement Report
- Monthly ad valorem tax collection report
- Planning Board
- Per G.S. 143-318.11(a)(4) - To discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses
- Per G.S. 143-318.11(a)(3) - To consult with the attorney
Macon County Board of Commissioners Agenda Packet for 08-14-2012