**9.09pm** Here is the video from tonight's meeting of the Macon County Commissioners.
The commissioners met briefly tonight and voted to approve a proposal for the financing of computer equipment in the amount of $1.5 million and awarded the bid to BB&T Governmental Finance at an interest rate of 1.44 percent.
Commissioners approved the appointment of Gary Shields to a full term on the Board of Trustees of Southwestern Community College. Mr. Shields was originally appointed to fill the unexpired term of Charles Leatherman.
The commissioners then recessed the meeting until next Tuesday at 6pm.
**6.57pm** Here is the audio for tonight's meeting.
The video should be done before 11pm tonight, if all goes well.
The Macon County Commissioners will be meeting briefly this evening and then will recess until August 21, 2012. I plan on being there to cover the meeting and will provide nearly live coverage on Google Plus.
The Agenda for the meeting is below.
3. Moment of Silence
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Public Comment Period
6. New Business
- Resolution Approving Financing Terms - Finance Director
- Appointment - Southwestern Community College (SCC) Board of Trustees
Upon reconvening on the 21st
7. Public Hearing(s) - 6:00 p.m. Proposed amendments to and restatement of Chapter 155 of the Macon County Code concerning Voluntary Farmland Preservation.
NOTE: Consideration of the proposed amendments will immediately follow the public hearing.
8. Public Comment Period
9. Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- New Hope Cemetery - Andrew Baldwin
- Business plan for the Macon County Heritage Center at the Historic Cowee School - Stacy Guffey
- Specifications for pool and pool house renovations
- Request for contract and franchise extension - Bonita Hamstra, J&B Disposal
- Approval of fire district map for Nantahala - Jimmy Teem
- Resolution and renewal of lease agreement with Forex Currency Trade Advisors, LLC - County Attorney
- Change order on the Little Tennessee River/Cartoogechaye Creek Trunk Sewer Project - McGill Associates
- Memorandum of Agreement with the NC Wildlife Resources Commission for Prentiss Bridge Access Area - County Planner
All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes of the July 10th and July 26th meetings
- Budget amendments
- Tax Releases
- Tax refunds
- 2011 Tax Settlement Report
- Monthly ad valorem tax collection report
- Planning Board
- Per G.S. 143-318.11(a)(4) - To discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses
- Per G.S. 143-318.11(a)(3) - To consult with the attorney
Macon County Board of Commissioners Agenda Packet for 08-14-2012