Not that they have anything to do with one another, I just didn't want to do a post for each topic.
West Carolina Report
First, I have updated the first four pages of West Carolina Report with news headlines that link to the news of the day. Of course, the widgets on those pages are always up-to-date, thanks to the miracle of RSS Feeds. I will have my state and local widgets ready soon. I also have upgraded the hosting because I exceeded my bandwidth allocation for last month. I've got 600GB now...and I'm not likely to exceed that anytime soon (unless one of the big boys link to me again!) and it also affords me more hard disk space that will allow me to make the next phase of improvements I have been planning.
Ten Myths About Nuclear Power
- Uranium is running out
- Nuclear is not a low-carbon option
- Nuclear power is expensive
- Reactors produce too much waste
- Decommissioning is too expensive
- Building reactors takes too long
- Leukemia rates are higher near reactors
- Reactors lead to weapons proliferation
- Wind and wave power are more sustainable
- Reactors are a terrorist target
Be sure to click over to read Amy's post, and follow her links and arm yourself to combat the Lies From The Left on nuclear power. I'm still disappointed that Duke Power didn't go through with the nuke plant in Macon County. That would have been cool, and a great boost to the local economy, not to mention giving the local greenie weenies a heart attack!