Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, January 11, 2008

What do Iraqis think of the Americans?


The greatest sign of hope in Iraq are the children. These kids have grown up with American forces. I was surprised to learn how much they admire the men and women of the armed forces, they marvel at the Humvees and the body armor. They often demand chocolate, but will be just as happy with a handshake.

Dora is a very mixed neighborhood with plenty of Shia, Sunni and even Christian Iraqis. I got to know Dora pretty well, and I can tell you, it was once a very rough neighborhood. The answers this kid gave had nothing to do with politics or diplomacy, this is just what he's experiencing and this was just his answer to my question.

Read more at Matt Sanchez

0 comments :