Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Glimpse of Inquisition

An excerpt from inside a script conference in Hollywood:

We're all on the same page, script-wise. I'm thinking: this is fab-u-lous, we're gonna make an excellent movie.

I'm also gripped with a huge sense of relief because the meeting did not include the standard and obligatory George Bush-is-worse-than-Hitler pre-meeting chat.

Yup, it's all smooth and professional — until the meeting devolves into sheer lunacy.

“Okay,” announces the senior studio executive, “I just want to make sure that everyone in this room is voting for Obama.”

To the left of me a junior executive goes: “Well, sure, of course.”

To the right of me another executive nods his head up and down like a bobble and mutters: “We need Obama so badly.”

Let's be honest, folks: I can just grunt in the affirmative and be done with the whole wretched ambush.

“Robert?”

The studio exec is smiling, all charm and fuzzy-wuzzy, but his eyes betray confusion. I mean, Hollywood is in the tank for Obama, all except for a handful of out-of-the closet Republicans and even more who dare not voice their conservative beliefs for fear of being blacklisted. This is not paranoia, It's just the way it is for Hollywood Republicans swimming in an ocean of liberals.

“Earth to Robert?”

All eyes are on me. My colleagues are shifting uncomfortably in their super-comfy leather chairs.

Everyone in Hollywood takes it for granted that if you work in Hollywood you are a Democrat. Hollywood people, whose job it is to imagine stuff, find it hard, if not impossible, to imagine a Republican in their midst.

I feel like a Marrano, a secret Jew, unveiled before the Inquisition.

Source: Seraphic Secret

Hat Tip: Chicago Boyz


Commentary

As someone who is daily on a college campus daily, I can affirm that lefties do not tolerate political diversity if it is of a conservative nature if they are in control (or think they are).

0 comments :