Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Asheville Has A Gay Realtor

I kid you not. A friend sent me a link to a website called Gay Asheville Online.

More specifically, it was a link to a Gay Realtor. I've never heard of that before. Does that mean all we had before were Straight Realtors, or just Realtors? Did this guy just one day decide to become a Gay Realtor, or was he born that way?

How is a Gay Realtor different from the regular kind? Do they only work for Gay Clients? Or do they just save their best deals for the Gay Clients?

Does a Gay Realtor discriminate against a Client who is just a client, and not part of the Gay Scene? Would a Gay Realtor give a client who pretended to be a Gay Client a better deal?

Does this mean that Identity Politics and Segregation have become acceptable in the Housing Market? No wonder there is a Housing Bubble if there is a niche market for Gay Realtors.

I think this whole thing is just gay.

2 comments :

It's called marketing, dood. You'll also find Christian realtors. Any quibbling over that from you?

I find it shocking that this would even be an issue, as Asheville is generally marketed to out-of-towners as a unique, open-minded, laid back mountain city. I find it dismaying that that "open-mindedness" doesn't seem to exist after all.

I haven't met a realtor yet that didn't have a niche of some kind, so I thank you in advance for not trying to make something out of nothing.