Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Seen From the Road in Sylva


I had some business to take care of in Jackson County this morning and here are some photos I took while over there...

Traffic was backed up due to the road leading into Sylva from Dillsboro being periodically blocked by Town Crews. They were removing trees from the hill below the library and dragging them down the road to be cut up at the old Rescue Squad Building. I waited nearly 20 minutes going in and 12 minutes going back out. It seems to me they should have established a detour route if they were going to be blocking the road for that period of time.

People were pulling out and driving up the wrong side of the road so they could detour around the road blockage.








The hill does look nice now. I hope it doesn't end up sliding into the road since all the trees (or most of them, anyway) are now gone.


This guy probably made better time than I did this morning.












Bookmark and Share

0 comments :