Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Military Aircraft Over Macon County


A UH-60 flies just northeast of Franklin, NC.


Ther have been a lot of military aircraft flying over Macon County this afternoon. Here are a couple of photos I managed to take.


F-18 (I've been informed by someone I trust that this is probably an F-16 instead of an F-18).



CH-46



Bookmark and Share

2 comments :

Great photos. So far I have noticed these jets since Tuesday 3-20-2012. They have flown over for approximately one hour every evening starting almost exactly at 7pm. I live about a 1/4 mile from the end of the runway at Macon Airport and they seem to be flying a perfect oval making one of their largest turns directly over my house. With binoculars I get a very clear view of the jets. Most interesting! They are extremely loud too. I wonder why they are flying over us right now. I realize that we are in what is considered the "Snowbird Region" a military flight training area, but this is more than usual...

I live in Swain County and the flying military here is SO visible. I've seen C-17's, C-130's, and needless to say F-16/18's Many choppers, all heading west into the deep mountains. Anybody have an explanation? Thanks..