Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WWNC-AM: Stories of Malia Obama's spring break trip to Mexico disappearing from the web



(Erica Ritz) -- Have you heard that Malia Obama, the president’s daughter, is reportedly spending her spring break in Oaxaca, Mexico? Allegedly, she’s jetting off with some of her classmates and 25 Secret Service agents to a country that the State Department has said all Americans should avoid. But something is different about the latest “Obama vacation controversy:” references to it are disappearing from the Internet — and fast.

Source: WWNC-AM

I'm posting this mainly as a test to see if I get a request to pull the story or if it gets pulled for me by Blogger.



The media did not the Bush daughters any privacy when they went places, so I'm giving the media a bit of of their own medicine.


**10.17am** I've found an article on Politico [link] that addresses the situation:



A spokesperson at the White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment, though given the late hour that can be forgiven. I will update here if and when I hear back from the White House, and when I hear back from spokespeople with the various websites and news agencies.
UPDATE: Kristina Schake, Communications Director to the First Lady, emails to confirm this was a White House effort:
From the beginning of the administration, the White House has asked news outlets not to report on or photograph the Obama children when they are not with their parents and there is no vital news interest. We have reminded outlets of this request in order to protect the privacy and security of these girls.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments :