**6.10pm** Twitter is overcapacity right now and uploading tweets and photos is not possible. My apologies for the inconvenience.
**8.29am** I have embedded copies of the Macon County Comprehensive Plan and a distillation of the recommendations of the Macon County Planning Board at the end of this blog post. Both are downloadable. A public hearing on the Comprehensive Plan will be held on May 17, 2011 at 6pm.
The Macon County Commissioners are scheduled to meet tonight at 6pm and I'll be there, tweeting from the meeting and recording video to post later. I'll be tweeting from my @wpig account and using the hashtag #MaconGov should you wish to follow along on your favorite twitter client. The agenda and twitter widget for this meeting are below:
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Public Hearing:
- Macon County Federal Transportation Administration Section 5310 Grant Application - Attachment 5
7. Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- Presentation of the recommended Fiscal Year 2011-12 budget (County Manager)
- Voluntary Agriculture District Board - Mike Breedlove -Attachment 8B
10. New Business:
- Public Transportation Program Resolution - Kim Angel -Attachment 10A
- Resolution Concerning McCoy Bridge - Commissioner Kuppers - Attachment 10B
- Resolution regarding honorary historian of the year - Commissioner Kuppers
- Declare generator as surplus and authorize transfer to the Town of Highlands
All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes - - 11A
- Budget revisions - 11B
- Tax releases - (none)
- Resolution of the Macon County Board of Education to Transfer Funds from Current Expense Fund Balance to 2010-2011 Capital Outlay Fund - 11D
- E. Resolution Authorizing Individuals to Act on Behalf of Plan - 11E
- Southwestern Community College Board of Trustees -Attachment 12A
- Discussion regarding standing committees and terms of appointment
14. Recess (date and time pending scheduling of budget work session)
NOTE: The board has scheduled a public hearing on the Macon County Comprehensive Plan for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Here is the full draft of the Macon County Comprehensive Plan as prepared by the Macon County Planning Board. There will be a public hearing on this document on May 17, 2011 at 6pm. It is downloadable so that you can read it at your leisure.
Comprehensive Plan Rough Draft Final 42811
Here is a distillation of the recommendations (notice that i spelled it correctly, they did not) for those too lazy to read the full document: