Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, June 28, 2010

Senator Robert Byrd Dead




Robert C. Byrd, , a conservative West Virginia Democrat who became the longest-serving member of Congress in history and used his masterful knowledge of the institution to shape the federal budget, protect the procedural rules of the Senate and, above all else, tend to the interests of his state, died at 3 a.m. Monday at Inova Fairfax Hospital, his office said.
Mr. Byrd had been hospitalized last week with what was thought to be heat exhaustion, but more serious issues were discovered, aides said Sunday. No formal cause of death was given.



Source: Washington Post
Related: Wikipedia


My condolences to his family. 


I have nothing good to say about the man, so I won't.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments :

I'm just glad that he's gone. According to the Washington Post voter database, he missed 40% of the votes this term, so he has more or less been gone since March.

Robert Byrd was in Congress before my parents were born. There should be a law against these plutocrats from serving so long.