Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, January 15, 2010

BREAKING: Jeff Miller of Henderson County to Enter NC-11 GOP Primary

Jeff Miller is back in the race for Congress.

Although he said in October that he would not seek the Republican nomination, the Honor Air founder and Hendersonville businessman confirmed Thursday that he plans to run, but said it was too early in the process to make a bigger announcement.

Republicans are looking for viable candidates to run against Rep. Heath Shuler, D-Waynesville, and Miller was heavily recruited last fall. He met with local political officials and representatives from the National Republican Congressional Committee.

In the end, he declined to run, citing the desire to spend more time with his wife and 17-year-old son.

"It demanded me to do more than I am willing to do," Miller said in early October. "I like it here."

Those same family members prompted his recent change of heart.

"My wife, son, very close friends and veterans asked me to reconsider," Miller said. "My family and I circled up, and we are close to making an announcement."


Source: Blue Ridge Now



Commentary


Well, this race just got more interesting!

I'll have more as this story continues to develop.


2 comments :

I've known Jeff for 5 years. He is EXACTLY the type of person I would vote for. He is much less a politican and much more a true advocate for the men and women of North Carolina than anyone you will ever meet. RUN JEFF RUN!

In knowing Jeff Miller since college at ASU, I can honestly say there is not a better candidate for the job. He is down to earth, yet willing to do his utmost for the people of N.C. Jeff's overall record speaks for itself. We would be so honored if he would run and win!