Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, March 23, 2009

Baby Boomers Discover Social Networking


If you're like me, you've noticed the flood of older people (older than me, anyway!) flooding the Intertubes with facebook accounts, twitter, ning, myspace, and others I haven't heard of in the past year or so. [The conservative flood started last fall]. Now, here come the numbers...

There's a common misperception out there that all of the blogging, Twittering and Facebooking is being done by twenty and thirty-somethings. That, in fact, turns out not to be true. Baby Boomers (those born 1946-1964) are the fastest growing users of social networking sites and are also increasingly reading blogs too. Meanwhile, Gen Y interest in these services has plateaued. This all according to the latest Consumer Electronics Usage Survey from Accenture.
Source: MicroPersuasion

I am probably one of the few my age who thinks that facebook just plain sucks...

0 comments :