Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bailout Bucks: For whom the bell tolls




Among other things,the Tea Parties are protesting bailouts of failed corporations  by the Feds. 
I can't help but wonder if the large Washington, D.C. based "grassroots" organizations are trying to get a bailout from the increased conservative activism surrounding the Tea Parties, and presumed donations that will follow.

I use the latest email fund raiser sent out by RNC Chairman Michael Steele as an example of what they SHOULD NOT be doing. I got one too...but linking to it displayed on a progressive blog should make my point clear. That their party uses that fund raising tactic should be doubly clear. It
 is a lefty tactic that we should not be emulating.

I can now see why Eric Odom turned down the RNC, and why Jane Q. Republican refused to allow conservative grassroots organizations to become involved with her Tea Party. 

They have heeded the advice of Thufir Hawat to young Paul Atreides in Dune:

"Now remember the first step in avoiding a trap, is knowing of its existence" 


I will have to rethink some things that I thought I knew...

.

0 comments :