Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Brendan Steinhauser Explains the Beginning of the Tea Party Movement



In this video clip, Brendan Steinhauser tells what was going on at the beginning of the Tea Party movement...how a number of things came to together at the right time to spawn a movement that has taken a life of its own across the nation:




Here is the blog post he references. I linked to it (and swiped a good portion of it) the day after he wrote it.

He was in Franklin, NC last night giving a seminar to help local grass roots activists learn how they might become more effective in their activism, and ways they can have fun doing it. Brendan Steinhauser is the Director of Federal and State Campaigns for FreedomWorks, and he gave a speech that was motivational...and planted a seed that will bear First Fruits in a Tax Day Tea Party in Franklin, NC.

If you are in or around Franklin, we will be setting up an event website (an old one that I don't use)  and an associated Facebook Page (for those who have high-speed Internet). You can contact us at franklinteaparty@gmail.com and get plugged into our network. If you are on twitter, you can follow @MaconTea or @ThunderPig. We plan for this event to be a marriage of tried and true shoe leather organizing power and Web 2.0 collaboration.

Perhaps it is time to bring back the first motto of this blog..."Blogging the Conservative revolution in West Carolina."

2 comments :

Thunder Pig, I've followed this blog for maybe 8, 9 months now. I can't complain at all about the content; I think it's great.

However, is it just me or is this thing incredibly slow to load? Is that just a byproduct of all the clickies in the sidebar?

Also, I know that the Asheville Tea Party is going to be on the national day April 15. Will Franklin's be on that day also, or is there another day planned?

Yes, Franklin's will be on the same day, and will be a sight to behold for these parts.

I do have too much stuff on my sidebars.

Perhaps it is time for a spring cleaning...and to consider one of those blog templates I've been looking at that have a separate link page.