Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Tea Bag is in the mail...

**04-01-2009 update** click here for more info on how successful the campaign has been!

Here is a meme that has developed over the past couple of weeks, and I keep hearing it over and over, so I'll repeat it here:



Mail a tea bag to the White House sometime in the first week of April so it will arrive at the White House mail facility on or about April 15th, when so many of us are out having our own Tax Day Tea Party.



I know the President will never see the tea bags, but it is the thought that counts, and be sure to address it like so:



White House Tea Party


1600 Pennsylvania Ave


Washington, DC 20050

4 comments :

I just heard on steve Cordasco's radio show here in Philly that the US Post Office is refusing to mail tea bags.

Bulky items that cannot easily pass through automated mail machines can cause a huge backup in mail delivery.

I respectfully suggest that, instead of sending the tea bag, send just the TAG and string attached to it, along with a letter explaining its significance as a form of protest.

Nonsense, bigger items than tea bags are mailed in envelopes every day.

Tony, you are correct.

I sent a tea bag in the mail to a friend in California as a test, and it arrived just fine.