Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Matt Smith Named Newest Time Lord


Photo Courtesy BBC

So Matt Smith is the 11th Doctor Who. Not John Simm, David Morrissey, James Nesbitt, Russell Tovey, Paterson Joseph, James McAvoy or, thank the Lord, David Walliams. Not Amy Winehouse, Catherine Zeta Jones or Lesley Sharp, all of whom were - somewhat mischeviously - suggested by outgoing showrunner Russell T Davies. After months of agitated speculation, we now know that the universe's favourite - and until the plot demands it, its only - Timelord will next be played by an actor best known for a role as a New Labour researcher.

Matt Smith, 26, is the youngest actor ever to take the role of Doctor. Known primarily for playing Danny Foster in Party Animals he's also attracted attention for a striking turn as a son in an incestuous relationship with his mother in Polly Stenham's play That Face.

With his identity revealed on BBC 1 this evening, Smith said he was 'flabbergasted' to get the role. "I haven't slept", he said. "It's an iconic part of our culture… it has the status of Robin Hood or Sherlock Holmes and I'm taking it on. It's nerve-wracking and exciting, I'm flabbergasted. It's a huge legacy [but] I want to be brave enough to make my own choices."

Source:
UK Guardian



I think that Matt Smith will be a fine addition to the Doctor Who franchise.

I didn't discover the Doctor Who series until the mid-eighties. 

My favorite Doctor is Sylvester McCoy and Ace is my favorite Companion.

Here is a tribute to both of them...



Those two had a chemistry that I don't think will ever be topped.

0 comments :