Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Snake in the House!!!

Early this morning as I watched Andromeda on the SciFi channel, a snake came out of the stove pipe.
It was black, and about 12 inches of it emerged before I was on my feet. There was a Cane Knife in the back of my truck that would fit the bill perfect for snake removal. I heard it thump on the linoleum as I made tracks.

I got back perhaps 30 to 45 seconds later, but no snake was to be seen. An hour later, and with considerable furniture moving, still no snake. I was quite shaken and juiced up on adrenaline, not liking snakes in general, and certainly not in the house in particular.

I eventually got to sleep around 7am (behind a well-fortified and sealed door) and had to wake up around 9ish to go into town and do laundry. I will probably never feel less than nervous for a couple of weeks over this incident. I told my grandfather about it, and he didn't seem to concerned. So I guess I shouldn't either, but EEEWWW!!! I HATE SNAKES! Worse that Indiana Jones in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

I found a shed snake skin matching the apprx. sixe of the intruder hanging from the chimney about 10 feet off the ground. Only thing I can figure is the rascal was tracking the small of mice and fell into the chimney.

I researched solutions to my problem and found a nifty web site called thriftyfun.com. It helped me feel some-what better and gave potential solutions and future preventions. Also clued me in to the likely id of my new boarder: a Black Rat Snake.

If I see him/her/it in my bedroom, I'm camping out in the truck!

Hope your weekend got off to a better start than mine.

Peace Out!

0 comments :