Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sunrise at the Waterrock Knob Overlook

The comfort station silhouetted against the horizon 
Photo by Bobby Coggins



Today, I went up on the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Waterrock Knob Overlook to catch the sunrise and get some time lapse photos of the valley fog. Here are some of the photos and a brief video I took during the sunrise period, roll your mouse the photos for a description:









This was the view when I first arrived at the overlook 
Photo by Bobby Coggins





A view of the eastern horizon 
Photo by Bobby Coggins





My truck and a tree silhouetted against the predawn horizon 
Photo by Bobby Coggins





A bare tree on the western side of the overlook, lit by the predawn sky 
Photo by Bobby Coggins




Sunrise at the Waterrock Knob Overlook 
Photo by Bobby Coggins





This is one of the photos I took where I didn't focus correctly, but I liked the result anyway 
Photo by Bobby Coggins



I have more photos and video that I will post tomorrow and Monday.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments :