Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Congressman Chuck Edwards Ends Re-election Campaign After Ethics Investigation

 From Congressman Chuck Edwards:


After much prayer, thoughtful reflection, and many conversations with my family, I have made the difficult decision to withdraw from my re-election campaign. I will complete my current term.


Serving the people of Western North Carolina has been the greatest honor of my professional life. I ran for Congress with one purpose: to serve this nation, defend our Constitution, and fight for the common people living in these mountains. Every vote I have cast and every decision I have made has been guided by that commitment.


This decision has not come easily. Public service always requires sacrifice—not only from those who serve, but from their spouses, families, volunteers, and supporters. Teresa and I are profoundly grateful for the countless people who have stood beside us with their prayers, encouragement, and friendship throughout this journey.


To every volunteer, every supporter who made a contribution, every constituent who shared their concerns, and every citizen who placed their trust in me, thank you. Your confidence has been a blessing that I will never forget.

While my campaign is ending, my love for the people of Western North Carolina and my faith in America’s future remain as strong as ever.


Before I close, there is one group of people who deserve recognition beyond words—my staff.

The public often sees me, but they rarely see the dedicated men and women working long hours behind the scenes to serve our constituents. Under the dedicated leadership of Toby Douthat, our Chief of Staff, and Chris Burns, District Director and ardent friend, every day, my team answers thousands of phone calls, helps families navigate federal agencies, assists veterans, supports communities recovering from disasters, works tirelessly on legislation, and represents the people of Western North Carolina with professionalism, integrity, and compassion.


It has been the honor of a lifetime to serve you. May God continue to bless each of you, Western North Carolina, and the United States of America.


Source: Facebook

0 comments :