Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Heads Up America Going Away, Again

Friday will be the last day for Heads Up America as the show will be going into hiatus for a while, perhaps to be resurrected as an interview show in February of 2007. The web presence, however, will not go away. The message forum will survive, on another URL. Stay tuned to this page for further details.

Ken and his callers are one of the reasons I got into blogging. He seems to attract a certain type of caller. One of his questions to people is, "What about solutions?" I saw early on that education was one of the solutions, and education, in my opinion, begins with awareness. Part of my mission is to raise awareness to what is going on around us by finding out what is going on, and posting links to where I find the stories, with perhaps a little commentary thrown in before I send you on your way.

Another one of his sayings is, "Seldom Is The Issue The Issue." He picked it up from a pastor in the Atlanta area and has made good use of it, taking it out of his pocket from time to time and handing it to a caller or guest, and asking them to apply the saying to the issue they are addressing. Some interesting discussions have ensued, and I have enjoyed them.

A large majority of his callers are active in their communities, and not a few have stood for election. But one thing Ken and his callers share is the ability to think, and to laugh. When a new caller joins the crowd, they are more likely than not to be a thinker as well, so I will say that I believe all his listeners are thinkers as well. I know they have had some good laughs.

Things are looking up for Ken as he has been preparing for a public speaking endeavour about which I will be posting on in the future. I believe he will go where he is Led.

I will miss the fun times listening to the show, as it kept me company in the woods on my Walkman, or on my computer on rainy days. After Friday's show, my Walkman will get some rest on weekdays between 9am and noon.

0 comments :