Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, November 27, 2006

An Inconvenient Review, and Preview

This is a Skeletal Review of Al Gore's Slide Show of Doom, "An Inconvenient Truth: A Global Warning."

As my Regular Reader knows, I posted on the gifting of the DVD last Wednesday. I watched it on my computer, and had to fight myself to keep from taking notes and jotting down responses as I watched it.

Technically, as to the editing, music and performance, I thought it was well made.

Factually, as to the evidence and conclusions, it was so wrong that the only way to address the errors is with a feature-length response. Which, by the way, I am working on, and wondering why no one else has done so. The scientific errors are gross and capable of being corrected by any high school science student.

Follow Up, as to suggestions of what you can do to help stop global warming...Stand By.


One huge, glaring error that I must needs correct right away:

Al Gore stated that there was a bipartisan effort to bring down Communism. That is such a bald-faced lie I am left speechless. Democratic attempts to prop up Communism was one of the reasons I left the Democratic Party. Who fought President Ronald Reagan, every step of the way? If you guessed Democrats, step to the head of the class.

Responding to this movie will be a fun project, and I intend to film most of it with my Photosmart M525 6.0 Megapixel Digital Camera. Unless someone wishes to donate a real video camera to the project!!!
Those who don't know me, can send a response to ThunderPigBlog AT gmail DOT com, and those who know me can use one of my usual email addresses, and my rich friends can leave donations on my doorstep. ;^)

0 comments :