Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Horror in Knoxville: The Legacy Media Remains Silent

**Update**
According to a commenter, he was on the story before the Malkin.
If Malkin did use his material without attribution, that is just wrong, even if your web page appears to be of a White Supremacist flavor...and doubly cursed by me for being so.


Check out this Video.




Hat Tip: Al Fin (I heard it first on Quinn & Rose, but could find no links.)

Commentary

I think it is time for bloggers to start paying attention to their regional wire stories, and their local papers and crime blotter reports, and report on the stories that the Legacy Media refuse to report, and that is part of the goal of my Drudge-clone, West Carolina Report. Later this summer, citizen journalists will begin to contribute original news reports, and offer commentary on current events. I have already begun part of that with the guest commentaries of Richard Rivette and John Armor, and I will be expanding to include more commentators and podcasts.

Stay Tuned for the future of news reporting.

2 comments :

Forget Malkin’s video – that’s my story. As in, the one I spent five weeks covering for American Renaissance, which published it two days before she posted her video. Only she not only never mentions me, but has images run across the screen during her video of non-stories written by blogger cronies of hers who had not only not researched the story, but who had simply copied and pasted every wild Internet rumor they came across.

Imagine the roles were reversed, and I acted as if I had reported a major story that she had spent five weeks on, and had broken nationally two days earlier, but without mentioning her at all, and mentioning a bunch of blogger cronies of mine who had not done any reporting on the story. (Of course, since the bloggers I’m variously friends or friendly with are real veteran journalists, a role reversal is hard to imagine.) Malkin would have immediately sicced her lawyer on me.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2007/05/the_knoxville_h.php

Nicholas Stix

I have been hearing about the story for about that long on Quinn and Rose (WPGB) Pittsburgh for about that long, I listen on XM 165 from 6a to 9a.

I appreciate the link, and will add it to my post. Good work!