Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thunder Pig Withdrawing Support for Fred Thompson

I have been an enthusiastic Fred Thompson Supporter from the time it was rumored he would join the fray.

Due to his contempt of my heritage, I am withdrawing my support for him, and have requested that I be removed from various blogrolls promoting him.

I will have more later. The family is throwing a celebration for my grand parents today on the occasion of their 62nd Wedding Anniversary.

I still like him, and most of his policies, but cannot support someone who hates the symbol of the south, and of the portion of my ancestors who bled under that flag of battle.

As a side note, my growing admiration for Governor Mitt Romney has been quelled.

This again leaves me with Congressman Hunter and Congressman Tancredo as the only "real" conservatives in the pack, and their chances are slim, now that the faux conservative Governor Huckabee is finding his way into the hearts of RINOs everywhere.

I will likely vote for the nominee of the GOP, provided it isn't Ron Paul or Julie Annie, in 2008. My primary season just opened up, now that I won't be part of the Thompson Surge planned for South Carolina.

1 comments :

I was very displeased as well with how Romney and Thompson handled the flag question.

Right after the debate I donated to Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo's campaign.

I don't know that they would have handled the question any better, but they are the true conservatives on most of the issues I'm concerned with. Their voting record proves it. They aren't flashy or charismatic, but I'm tired of voting for Democrat Lites.

It's a travesty that NC voters are denied the right to submit a write-in vote on the ballot.

That should be changed!!