Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WNC Homes Demands Mental Health Blogger Remove Content

Here is the story from the blogger in a nutshell:

Today I was asked by WNC Homes, a Family Care Home in western NC----scratch that-----today I was DEMANDED to remove IMMEDIATELY from my blog any reference to WNC Homes as I sat in the DSS Buncombe meeting in order to 'resolve' some 'misunderstandings' about why I believe I have a right to see my clients at their residences in their Family Care Home.

WNC Homes called the Buncombe County sheriff on me three weeks ago because I refused to stop having therapy w/ my client in the client's residence. That action created a sheriff's report. Jeff Clifton of WNC Family Homes told me to NEVER come back on 'his' property (I mean the property that is completely supported by the social security check payments of the disabled people who live there some of whom are my clients).

That means that WNC Homes has created a 'public' incident. And that means that you, Jeff Clifton, are now a public figure.

NAH. I'm not taking off anything.

And since you're reading this, Jeff Clifton of WNC Homes, know that I figured out that you intercepted the letter that I sent to my client who complained and complained that he never received it. Can you say MAIL FRAUD? Can you imagine HIPAA VIOLATION? The dead giveaway was in the Release of Information form that you included in your 'packet' you handed out at DSS today: the release of information had ONLY the name of the legal firm to whom the information was intended.

I suggest you back far, far away from me.

Check out the wonderful and only EFF, Electronic Frontier Foundation: http://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/defamation

Source: Madame Defarge



Commentary

I think that Jeff Clifton, of WNC Homes, has bitten off more than he can chew in taking the steps as reported by Marsha. He should be aware that I will do my part in publicizing his behavior, as should more bloggers.


I've had people forbid me to blog about them before (all were Republicans to date), and I have yet to comply with any of their demands, and I urge Marsha to do the same.

2 comments :

I see the basis of your objection:
1) right to see your client at their request at their residence
2) tampering with private mail
3) HIPAA violation against you and your client.

What's not clear is what happened. I'm inferring that:
1) you have a patient who resides at WNC Homes.
2) there was an incident at WNC Homes where their employee, Jeff Clifton, told you to leave the property and never return (this incident occurred when you were there to treat a patient of yours; we don't know the nature of the treatment, i.e., your profession and license to practice).
3) you were summoned to a DSS meeting to resolve the incident.
4) You don't indicate the meeting's outcome.
5) You surmised from evidence presented at the DSS meeting that private mail, sent by you to your client via USPS, was being used against you in the DSS meeting.(I must assume that the client did not release said letter to WNC Homes.)

Interesting struggle -- but we need more information to draw conclusions, it seems to me.

I don't care whether she is right or wrong.

What I care about is the attempt by Jeff Clifton to get her to remove stuff from her blog, and an implied attempt to prevent her from adding stuff in the future.

That was my primary motivation in blogging about it. A secondary motivation was since my blog ranks rather well in Google Search, I'd make sure that there was a record of the incident beyond her blog.

I have had a public figure (recently written about in the Mountain Xpress over the past couple of months by you) who sent me an email informing me that I could not blog about him, post any of his press release, etc. on my blog. My attorney and I eagerly await the next opportunity for me to blog about him.

So this is personal for me as a blogger. The mere fact that this guy attempted to intimidate Marsha should tell you volumes about the man.