Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Christmas 2010 Snow Storm

Snow covered trees near Franklin, NC on Christmas Day 2010


The Epic Christmas Day Snowstorm of 2010 brought the area from 6 to 16 inches of snow. Being in a valley, I only received 8.75 inches...but am well-satisfied with what I got.


Here is a sampling of some photos I took...








I pretty much stay at home when these storms hit, so I have to live vicariously through the experiences of others...and here are the first batch of such experiences as uploaded to You Tube of the snow in the Franklin, NC area...



Christmas Day Snow Report #1 from Janice...



Christmas Day Snow Report #2 from Sted...



Snow Report from Ellijay...


Bookmark and Share

2 comments :

This is a very informative site for our local area! I've been looking for one focused on Swain County, but no luck so far.

I'd like to see a lot more local bloggers west of the Balsams.

You can thank Facebook for killing off the local blogging community. People figure why go through the trouble when they can just post stuff to their Facebook page.