Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Victor Davis Hanson Lecture
War and Democracy in Ancient and Contemporary Middle East




In this August 2004 video lecture from UCTV, military historian Victor Davis Hanson (aka VDH among the conservative blogosphere) steps back from the current conflicts in the Middle East and examines them from the perspective of classical conceptions of war. He displays his encyclopedic knowledge of military conflicts throughout history and provides many thought-provoking reflections on the current state of affairs in Iraq, Israel, and the rest of the Middle East...






My favorite part is where VDH demolishes the final question from a delusional pro-Palestinian student. See that part imediately below:







Victor Davis Hanson is a prolific columnist as well as a professor and farmer. Here is where you can read some of his works:


Personal Website
Hoover Institution
National Review Online
Real Clear Politics
Pajamas Media (I am loathe to link here because of the paywall)


Commentary


I have been slack in my duty of posting about the progress of World War IV on this blog because I have been distracted by other things the past couple of years. Well, I am beginning to correct that. This video is a refresher course for those who've forgotten the enemy we've been fighting and why we must win this fight. 


Over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be posting more of the same type of material, and will be welcoming a couple of guest bloggers who will have even more to say on the subject, so stay tuned...



Bookmark and Share

0 comments :