Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Franklin Mayor speaks at the AHA 2016 Conference in Chicago



On May 28th Franklin Mayor Bob Scott spoke at the 2016 Conference of the American Humanist Association in Chicago. He spoke about his life and what it is like to be Mayor of a small town and about the controversy that arose when he chose to place his hand on the US Constitution instead of the Bible when he was sworn in for his second term.


For more information on the conference, please visit the following links:

Conference Schedule

Select Videos from the conference 




COMMENTARY by Bobby Coggins

Who knew that our Mayor would receive national recognition for doing something as ordinary as placing his hand on the US Constitution while taking his oath of office?

I certainly didn't. I didn't make special mention of it in my coverage of the event. He took an oath on a document he held sacred and I can respect that. I know plenty of local politicians who've taken their oaths on the Bible, then proceeded to govern as if they'd never read what was in it.









0 comments :