Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Links to Kelo v New London Decision

I have spent the weekend studying the recent above mentioned case, and my head hurts from all the legalese. If I ever bacame dictator or emporer, lawyers would be the first to go, then legalese, plain language would be the language of the court.

The opinions are much easier to read and here are the links to them:



KELO vs NEW LONDON  


What can be done about it? IMHO...Not very much. On the local level, people have to become citizen activists and through voter pressure, force their local governments to pass ordinances making it illegal to use the supreme court decision to wipe out the public use clause of the 5th amendment.

_Other than that? The House of Representatives must begin the impeachment process of the offending justices, or Congress make law regarding this decision and declare it outside the jurisdction of the court. FAT CHANCE.



IMPEACH THEM ! ! !



Stevens Kennedy Souter Ginsburg and Breyer




I Doubt anything will be done beyond a few local ordinances. Please, please, please prove me wrong on that assessment of the American People. I do know that this ruling will result in bloodshed as desperate people are forced off their land.

0 comments :