Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Disturbing News About Taylor



Is Congressman Charles Taylor vulnerable?
Has he been mishandling funds?

I don't know. Here is an article on NC Conservative by John Armor, who coincidently is running for Taylors' seat.

Can we trust what John Armor has written?
I don't know. I trust that this will shake out in time for the Primary, because if it doesn't, then I am afraid Taylor will lose the race in November to Heath Shuler. Shuler may be okay, What makes me worry is all the far-left support that is behind him.

Anyhow, I have posted an excerpt of Armor's article below, and will comment more on it later as I have time.

---------------------------------------------------------------



Taylor Reports Have Million-Dollar Errors

By John Armor

Every Member of Congress, and every candidate for Congress, is required to file Reports with the House Ethics Committee on their financial holdings and transactions. Apparently, few people take a serious look at these after they are filed. The Reports filed by incumbent 11th District Representative, Charles Taylor, for the last seven years (the ones available on-line) show five errors in excess of $1 million each, plus one unexplained item for about $20 million.

------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments :

TP,

Actually, the problem for Shuler isn't that there are "so many far left" people backing him. It's just the opposite. Shuler's pro-life and Christian values are turning off the dreadlocked crowd in Buncombe County. The people who rallied behind Patsy Keever in '04 are bitter about supporting a pro-life candidate.

Shuler's marshalling his support in the western counties first, and his conservative Democrat credentials are what's generating the buzz for him.

But what I tell the far-left crowd who moan and cry about Shuler's lack of progressive chops is that he is for comprehensive health care for all Americans, pro-labor, pro-environment. He's honest and ethical as well, which sets him apart from Congressman Taylor.

So we'll have to see how it shakes out, but let's not pretend that the "far-left" is coming out in droves to support this centrist candidate.

Most of Shuler's support seems to be coming from out of state...
Heath Shuler In State $78,880 versus $176,395 or 31% In State versus 69% Out of State.
Charles Taylor In State $190,258 versus $102,460 Out of State or 65% In State versus 35% Out of State. If I copied the correct link, it should be here.

And as far as ideologies (sic) go, I was very surprised to discover that AmeriPAC gave him $10,000. This PAC opposed most famously Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, and Tom Daschle.
Who they chose to support was truly heart-warming: Bob Dornan (B-1 Bob), Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich (my favorite), Spence Abraham, Kay Bailey Hutchison, John Kyl, Bill Frist, AND John Ashcroft (I can say no more...at least that explains why some Christians in my area have been lining up with Heath Shuler.)

Of course, Prairie PAC donated $5k. This is Dick Durbin's PAC, and hard to swallow. It donated to Robert Byrd, Hillary Clinton, and Harold Ford most notably.

Robert Menendez's New Millenium PAC sent $3k of love to Shuler. All I need to say is that they also sent love to Frank Lautenberg ($10k), and a puzzling $1k to Ted Kennedy.

In fairness, I guess I will have to give you the check on "so many far left" comment. I am just dumb-founded by the AmeriPAC contribution. It's the unions I can't stand... I equate them to communism in it's purest form... not the adulturated Soviet or Chinese versions...
Most of Shuler's PAC contributions come from the Labor and Ideological categories, while Taylor has received mostly Business PACs, with a minor in Ideological PAC contributions.
I've been working on a big post trying to follow the money on the candidates, but I can't make sense of the Big Picture, all the wrong people seem to be in bed together. >=)
P.S. As a resident of the western-most counties...I have seen an awful lot of Heath Shuler bumper stickers. The Sportsmen for Shuler are the most annoying.