Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, August 6, 2006

Hiroshima Day





"We are now prepared to obliterate more rapidly and completely every productive enterprise the Japanese have above ground in any city. We shall destroy their docks, their factories, and their communications. Let their be no mistake; we shall completely destroy Japan's power to make war."



These words were in a press release that was released on August 6, 1945 on the occasion of the first use of an atomic weapon in war. You may find page 1 of 3 here. You might enjoy poking around in the Truman Library, where I found that press release.


If I didn't have to earn a living, I could spend all my time just exploring the treasures of historical data to be excavated online.

0 comments :