Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, March 21, 2008

Carl Mumpower: "I Am Not For Sale"

Responding to mounting pressures from within his own party to change his position on proposed additional immunity for telecommunications companies, 11th District Republican Congressional Candidate Carl Mumpower proclaimed, "I am not for sale," in a Good Friday press release.

"Voters who want someone willing to abandon his principles to artificially support the Republican party need to look elsewhere," said Mumpower. "I am an authentic conservative - I'm not a party hack willing to fall into the line when I'm told to - especially considering how often my party has betrayed its core values in recent years."

"The additional retroactive immunity provisions found in FISA are a con job," said Mumpower. "Yet, normally 'right-thinking' Republicans are sadly just falling 'right-into-line' and in the process, sacrificing their integrity, liberty, and the Constitution for fear-based arguments and the good graces of party leaders."

"This is one of the reasons I will accept only personal campaign contributions and none from unions, PACs, business groups, or even the Republican National Congressional Committee," said Mumpower. "I will serve independently, from a principled position that it is clear and up-front or I will not serve at all. I will not be beholden to special interests or the Republican party structure. I am not for sale."


---End Press Release---


Campaign Website

Commentary

You gotta give it to Dr. Mumpower, he has tenacity.

0 comments :