Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Everybody Draw Mohammad Day is May 20th, 2010







Image Courtesy Reason Magazine



I'm sure that you've heard about the warning of violent retribution by Revolution Muslim that the creators of South Park received for daring to have a satirical discussion regarding whether or not Mohammad could be drawn. In the end, Mohammad was depicted as being in a bear suit. Read more about this at The Volokh Conspiracy to see the insanity that is Islam.


The guys over at Reason have decided to start a 'Draw Mohammad Day' event. I'm on board with that, and am endorsing the effort whole-heartedly and will be participating. Read more about that there. I don't particularly like South Park due to the vulgar language and profane mindset of the show. I do, however, support their right to express themselves, even if that expression is offensive to me, or to others.


The big day is May 20, 2010 and I'll be sure to remind you frequently in the coming days. Since my screen name is Thunder pig, I thought that I'd go with a pig theme as I will try to come up with something about the adventures of Mohammad the Pig. Mohammad will teach us about Jihad. 


It will be glorious! 


Hopefully, I will be able to attract a fatwa for my efforts. I've not had one issued against me since the early 90's, when I was part of a group that was smuggling bibles into Saudi Arabia disguised as Qu'rans.




.

0 comments :