Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Today is Election Day in Franklin
Scroll Down for Updates

Election 2013

MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS TODAY
POLLS OPEN 6:30AM TO 7:30PM


Today is election day and I'll be in town from 6am until probably after 9pm today and will be providing updates throughout the day on social media using the hashtag #FranklinNC on Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook.


I will also be adding updates here from time to time today, so if you don't use social media, please check this article every couple of hours or so.

I have several friends in the local races for Mayor and Aldermen seats on the Franklin Town Board and I would like to see them all win, even if there are more of them than there are available seats. The ones that don't win tonight, I'd like for them to keep in mind that there will be three Aldermen seats open in 2015.

ELECTION DAY WEATHER FORECAST

Perfect voting weather today with mostly sunny with highs in the 60s and light winds. For those of you who are registered to vote in Franklin and Highlands...there is no excuse not to vote today. Unless you voted early.


UPDATES


Updates will be posted in reverse chronological order so you won't have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see if I have posted anything new.


Update #4 Blogger won't let me add the update to this post, so click here to see the fourth update.


Update #3 4:00pm

I spent about an hour at the town hall this afternoon and conducted an exit poll, but will not be releasing the results until the polls close at 7:30pm tonight.


39 people voted in the hour I was there and 252 so far had voted as of 3:20pm this afternoon. Many of the candidates continued to work the polls, and at one time or another today, all of them have been present.

Here are a few of the photos I took while I was there:











Update #2 8:30am

According to poll workers, as of 8:30 am, only 28 people had voted. 327 had participated in early voting.

Here are a few of the photos I took while I was at the town hall:


 Franklin Town Hall and Candidates for Office


Campaigning for Office
From left to right: Alderman Bob Scott (running for Mayor), Angela Hubbs Moore (running for Alderman), Emmanuel Carrion (running for Alderman), Donnie Abel (husband of Patti Abel), Patti Halyburton Abel (running for Alderman) and Adam Kimsey (running for Alderman).


Pastries and Coffee
Angela Hubbs Moore baked some snacks and made some coffee to hand out to voters.


Campaign Signs
Here is a look at the campaign signs in daylight


An air ambulance landing at Angel Medical Center
This is not election related, but the Town Hall is next to the landing pattern for MAMA-2 and I can't help myself when it comes to taking photos of aircraft.



Update #1 7:30am

I was at the polling location at the town hall before they opened this morning and took a few photos. Poll workers told me that less than 300 people took the opportunity to vote early in this election.


Here they are, in no particular order (click on any of them to see a larger version):


The polls are open in Franklin


Campaign Signs


More campaign signs


And even more campaign signs


This guy was at the town hall before I was


Angela Hubbs Moore setting up a table at town hall


Bob Scott was there early putting balloons on his sign


The Campaign Dead Zone

0 comments :