Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sitemeter's Screwup (Updated)

What the blazes was Sitemeter thinking?

I go to access my stats yesterday afternoon, and they're gone. Just a page announcing that sitemeter is moving, and I should be able to access my stats with 24 to 48 hours. Okay...

This morning, I check out Sitemeter, and login under my old password (and am forced to use a new username and password...I could type the old ones in my sleep...) and migrate my account to the new system.

I am serioulsy thinking of switching to a new counter service.

Why could they not keep their old system running? This is nuts!

Could they not have had one blogger on their team, or as a beta tester to tell them their new system was a loser???

**12.58 PM** I have been using Google Analytics in parallel with Sitemeter fr the past six weeks...good thing, too. At least I have some of my data secure from the bungling of Sitemeter.

**2.31 PM** Sitemeter finally saw fit to let me log in...and it appears to have a flash-based interface...Uggghhh! I hate hate hate Flash!!! It never works right on my system.

It has been 15 minutes...and it is still loading...loading...loading....

0 comments :