Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday GSMNP!



This video is by a You Tube buddy who makes excellent videos, and he pays tribute to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I guess you can tell that I am a native to the region because I have never visited the park under my own steam.

My grandparents took me and my brother there several times when we were growing up, but I saw nothing different there than what I saw from my backporch....except that it was crowded with people, and the woods at home had no one in them, and weren't littered with picnic tables, graveled paths and cabins everywhere.

Perhaps I will have a different perspective if I ever get around to visiting the park as a grownup.

Dan is donating a portion of his ad revenues to the Friends of the Smokies for this summer, so visit his Channel and click on a few ads!

0 comments :