Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, March 26, 2010

Earth Hour 2010: Lights on in the Free World





I can't help but notice that lights at night tend to mean liberty and prosperity are present. Enviros are providing us with an example of how they would like to see the world...dark and void of liberty and prosperity. 




It should be no secret that I hold the environmental movement in disdain. Most especially when they themselves hold the scientific method in disdain so that they can achieve a political end...

“On the one hand, as scientists we are ethically bound to the scientific method, in effect promising to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but - which means that we must include all the doubts, the caveats, the ifs, ands, and buts. On the other hand, we are not just scientists but human beings as well. And like most people we’d like to see the world a better place, which in this context translates into our working to reduce the risk of potentially disastrous climatic change. To do that we need to get some broadbased support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, entails getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. This ‘double ethical bind’ we frequently find ourselves in cannot be solved by any formula. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest. I hope that means being both.”

Stephen H. Schneider, author of the book Global Warming (Sierra Club), in an interview in Discover Magazine, October 1989.

So, with this Earth Hour nonsense that began in Australia in 2007, I urge everyone to just keep what you are doing and ignore the Enviro Jackals. I am usually in bed with all my lights off at the time of night that is designated Earth Hour, but this is one night that I intend to stay up later than normal, and have all the lights on in my house. I might even crank up my diesel truck and let it idle for the hour just to put some extra life-saving carbon dioxide in the air.

0 comments :