Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, May 14, 2010

Google Earth Flight Simulator:
Episode One of Macon Tours





Rattlesnake Gap as viewed in Google Earth Flight Simulator



This is my first attempt at making a video of a flight in the wonderfully realistic Google Earth Flight Simulator. It is about 20 minutes long. I had to cut out the takeoff and first 10 minutes to make it fit the length guidelines of face book, which limit videos to 20 minutes.


Among the places I visited in the video are the local rock quarry, Rattlesnake Gap and the Wayah Mountain Range, a flyover of downtown Franklin, NC and a run on Cowee Mountain. I turn around in Jackson County and then land at (or near) the Iotla Airport.


Let me know what you think. 


I've already tried to fly the Highlands Road from Franklin to Highlands, but am having a difficult time flying the Cullasaja Gorge without crashing.

0 comments :