Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Thunder Pig goes to Asheville




This is one of my favorite landmarks in Asheville. I believe it is called St. Lawerence. I'd love to go inside and take some pictures of the place when I have more time, but yesterday I was on a tight schedule and didn't stray too far from the library on Haywood Street.



I took this picture on the main drag in downtown Maggie Valley as a Pave Low Chinnok flew right over me...really cool thing for a military entusiast like me. I took more, and later on, snapped a couple long-distance shots from the jobsite as a couple repeated their flyover of Maggie Valley. The Mexicans on the workcrew asked me why so many helicopters, and I told 'em we were practicing for the invasion of Iran, which has some mountainous terrain like WNC. Hey, a guy can hope can't he?



And here is one of the pix I took Monday morning (the 30th) ahead of the rain that came in about four hours later,terminating our workday.

I'll post more pix later, as time allows.

0 comments :