Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, March 19, 2007

Accident at the Dellwood Intersection



I witnessed an automobile accident today, and was lucky enough to have had prior training and experience to be able to render appropriate assistance to the elderly female in the maroon car. Many other witnesses also came to the aid of the other people in the pickup.

Within minutes, sheriff's deputies and First Responders were on scene, with EMS not far behind.

I am proud of the professionalism exhibited by the other good Samaritans on scene, and of the volunteer fire fighters, First Responders, and the EMS Personnel.

I took a few photos while I waited to be interviewed by the NC Highway Patrol after they had conducted their initial investigation of the scene.

The accident happened at the four-way intersection on Dellwood Road and 276. I travel the road everyday, but sadly, that's the best I can do. I have known it as the Dellwood Exxon Intersection for years. The pix...





The car that was T-Boned by the pickup.



This is where the truck ended up after flipping at least twice. (I wasn't exactly counting.)



Firefighters apply foam to the truck before righting it to safeguard against sparks igniting a fuel fire.

0 comments :