Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dr Timothy Johnson Resigns Post as Buncombe GOP Chair
Robert Malt New Chair

Dr Johnson Denies Story


According to a tweet by
@timothypeck:















timothypeck

  1. Buncombe GOP chairman Timothy Johnson will step down, retains NC chairmanship. Robert Malt promoted.#mxnow


**5.55pm**
@timothypeck has deleted the tweet instead of owning up to a mistake. I have resurrected the tweet from the memory hole and am posting an image of it here to preserve it...

9 comments :

I thought Johnson was the NCGOP Vicechair, not Chair as Tim Peck reports.

Am I missing something?

Scarlet, I think Tim was over eager and left out a few key strokes in his haste to get the story out.

Now, if we can get rid of Don Yelton and the Goober with the big camera, the BCGOP would start doing better.

My aunt said that the Buncombe GOP is a disaster.

Goober. I know the guy you are talking about. I quit going to the meetings because of him.

Yes, Johnson's position is vice-chair, not chair.

No, I did not tweet in haste. I just got the title wrong at the time. I have since removed the tweet due to confidentiality. Out of respect, this blog should do the same.

You broke confidentiality by posting to a public network, Tim.

Keep it up, Thunder Pig.

So, you admit that you got the title wrong...but not the essence of the tweet?

That makes this an even bigger story if you are privy to advance info on the plans of the Chairman of the Buncombe County Republican Party since to my knowledge you aren't even a Republican, nor serve on a Republican Party Committees.

Moral of this story is "Think before you Tweet"

What about all the people who Retweeted your tweet, and those who Retweeted the Retweeters?

I think it is hardly fair to ask Thunderpig to redact history.

Thou dost protest too much.