Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Young Republicans 2009 Convention

The National Federation of Young Republicans has been meeting in Indianapolis this week, and is set to elect new leadership today. I am dismayed that there is apparrently no live stream of the event, as I would expect from young, technologically savvy Republicans.


Here is a short program on C-Span regarding the meeting:


There are two slates of candidates, one called YR Renewal and the other called YR Next Level.

You can follow the action on twitter via this tweetgrid I set up, and get the news from people actually at the convention.

I was dismayed to see John McCain's daughter, Meghan McCain, join the crowd of unethical character assassins who seem obsessed with following Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals rather than debating the issues and political philosophy.

Audra Shay responded to the attack thusly:

STATEMENT FROM AUDRA SHAY

Dear Friends and Supporters,

Yesterday on Facebook, an unfortunate incident occurred. An individual posted two comments on my Facebook wall, the first comment arguing against big government and the second filled with racially charged comments. I responded supporting the individual’s first post, to continue the fight against big government spending. I was not aware of the racial comments until sometime later, when a third individual brought it to my attention. I immediately deleted the derogatory and outright disgusting comments and subsequently posted a statement on my Facebook Status stating that in no way, shape or form are the comments posted by other individuals a reflection of me or my beliefs as an American, a Veteran, a Mother or a Candidate. I do not, nor would I ever, condone that type of language or behavior.

Unfortunately, my opponents have now spun a web of misconception and untruths, desperately trying to paint me as a racist. Nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact, I have made it part of my Young Republican life to ensure that we did not just focus on outreach, but inclusion. Under my leadership as Chairman of the State of Louisiana’s Young Republicans, we were able to raise $90,000 for a minority outreach media campaign. Also under my leadership as Louisiana Chairman we brought the largest minority delegation to the YRNF Convention in 2007.

It is a disgrace that these types of political attacks are taking place and once again, it proves that my opponents will stoop to the lowest levels to steal this election from the jaws of victory. Our Team is one of honor and integrity. We take this service to heart and will not allow others to tarnish our reputations. If you have any questions or concerns about this matter or any other matters, please email, call or Facebook message me. I’m always available.

Source: The Conservatist


I have seen a new type of republican emerge over the last couple of election cycles...the kind who spend more time attacking members of their own party (and thus violating Reagan's 11th Commandment) than they are in attacking Democrats or building the Republican Party.

These people should grow up and realize that although these tactics do gain them the attention they crave in the short term, it will hurt them in the long term as people realize that these people have nothing to add...they are only detractors.

**10.55am**

I found an excellent page that can serve as a dashboard to keep up with this convention, only you must reconfigure your browser to accept all cookies before you can access the website.

0 comments :