Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, September 17, 2021

Angel Medical Center Column for September 2021



New Angel Medical Center Chief Executive Officer/Chief Nursing Officer Clint Kendall Energized to Lead Hospital, Serve Community, Be a Good Neighbor

As the new Chief Executive Officer/Chief Nursing Officer (CEO/CNO) for Angel Medical Center, I am grateful for the warm welcome I’ve received here at the hospital and as a new member of the community. I’m ready to get to work and learn all I can about our hospital, the special teams who drive our success, and the community members who place their trust in us.

I hope to use this column as a way to inform and educate the community about Angel Medical Center’s services and teams, as well as a forum to respond to emerging issues and concerns within our community about healthcare. I see it as a way to reach readers and share exciting hospital happenings and plans for our future, as well as a place where I can address questions and concerns from our community.

First, I’d like to share a bit about my background, and how my path led me here to Angel. I’m actually a native Ashevillian, and became interested in healthcare as a possible career when I was in high school. In 1995, I participated in a Health Occupation Students of America program which led to me to obtain my Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification. Next, I earned my Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Western Carolina University, which prepared me for working in the Trauma ICU and Cardiovascular ICU areas of several North Carolina hospitals. I greatly enjoy nursing, and serving where needed.

After working as a bedside nurse for seven years, I accepted my first management position in New Bern, North Carolina, where my work was focused in the Step-down and Clinical Decision units. I learned from this experience that this was the direction I wanted to go in professionally, so I earned my Masters degrees in Business, Nursing, and Healthcare Management from the University of Phoenix in 2007.

This prepared me well for what followed — my first Chief Nursing Officer position with Community Health System in Carlsbad, New Mexico. I was, and remain, passionate about meaningfully impacting patient care and serving the community, and this felt like the way to do it. My next position as a CNO with LifePoint Health landed me in Richlands, Virginia. This enabled my family to be nearer to extended family, thankfully. A LifePoint Health leadership program led me to a Chief Operating Officer position in Henderson, North Carolina, and later I served as the CEO for LifePoint Health in Andalusia, Alabama.

The pandemic has made many want to connect even more closely with extended family, and I’m no exception. I feel fortunate that being part of HCA Healthcare, and serving in my new position here at Angel Medical Center, continues to allow this. My wife Robyn is also a nurse and specializes in cancer research. She and I are thrilled to now be Franklin residents and fully part of this community, while our son Dawson, who’s 9, recently began his school year at Ilota Valley Elementary.

I share my professional history so readers can know that I’m not only qualified and prepared to serve Angel Medical Center, I’m deeply committed to continuing the legacy of excellence that Karen Gorby and the hospital leaders who preceded her built. My family and I look forward to becoming active members of our community through volunteering, and hope to find a church community as well. My intention is also that, through my work, I can help ensure that our hospital continues to give back to the community by supporting initiatives that contribute to our neighbors’ health and wellbeing.

Since I started at Angel Medical Center in August, I’ve spent time getting to know the committed team members who do everything from care for our patients to ensure that our facility is safe and clean, and I’m impressed at their dedication to our patients and each other. I see myself as serving all who work here in that I will do everything in my power to create a care environment that’s safe, efficient, and known for positive outcomes. Additionally, I want to build on Angel’s reputation as a great place to work and launch a rewarding career.

Another goal that’s important to me is to act as an advocate for both our patients and our teams. By constantly reexamining each of these groups’ needs and priorities, care is bound to stay exceptional. It’s also important for me to be accessible to hospital staff and the community. I wear my badge everywhere I go during my workday, so never feel hesitant about approaching me to talk about your hospital.

Finally, I’d like to give a shout-out of appreciation to our Environmental Services staff members, who are responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and order for our hospital. They’re essential to every patient’s experience, because the environment in which you’re cared for is a big determinant in your recovery.

Especially over the last two years with COVID, the EVS team has been essential in keeping the team and our patients safe. This is one of the cleanest facilities I have walked into. As we celebrate Environmental Services Week, from September 12th through the 18th, let’s recognize the EVS team’s dedication to keeping our hospital clean and safe, and let them know that their hard work makes a difference.


Clint Kendall, FACHE, MBA, MSN, BSN, RN, is Chief Executive Officer/Chief Nursing Officer of Angel Medical Center. He started his career as a nurse, and that perspective still informs his work and passion for the patient experience. Clint holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Nursing, and Health Care Management from the University of Phoenix, and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Western Carolina University. He comes to Angel Medical Center from Andalusia, Alabama, where he served as Chief Executive Officer of Andalusia Health, part of LifePoint Health. He oversaw the management and strategic planning for a 113-bed acute care facility there, and led Andalusia Physician Services as well, after serving in leadership roles at LifePoint facilities in Richlands, Virginia and Henderson, North Carolina. Clint has also earned the Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) certification, and is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE), and the American Nurses Association (ANA).

 





0 comments :